Friday, November 03, 2017

CHOCOLATE BANANA SMOOTHIE

A super simple and easy to make Chocolate Banana Smoothie recipe made gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free with frozen bananas blended with ice, milk of choice, cocoa and honey. And it tastes just like a chocolate milkshake but better!

Just take a sip of this!

I am totally going bananas for this super chocolatey, rich and creamy, banana-packed Chocolate Banana Smoothie. It’s pretty much heaven in a glass. Chocolaty, chocolaty heaven.

I mean, it is no secret that I am a smoothie-fanatic! Not only do I breakfast on smoothies, I’ve been known to lunch on smoothies and snack on smoothies and, even sometimes, dinner on smoothies. I am pretty much smoothie obsessed.  I could smoothie all-day and everyday. And lately smoothies have also been my go-to afternoon must-have. And this Chocolate Banana Smoothie is my everything!!

(And can I say smoothie more in a single paragraph? Probably not!!)

I’m sure I am not the only one who needs a little extra something right at 3 pm to get through to the end of the day. And by a little extra something I definitely mean something sweet to give me a little boost. A little something that is super delicious too that will give me the energy to get through the rest of my to-do list and make it to dinner without having to burst out into a hangry fit of rage. Because we all know that that can happen sometimes. And I can’t think of a better (or healthier!!) way to continue on with my day then with a smoothie.

Except, of course, if there is chocolate involved. Because the true key to my heart is a key made out of chocolate.  Because a day without a square of chocolate, or some sort of chocolatey goodness, is pretty much as bad as a day without coffee.

And let’s not.even.go.there.

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup milk (dairy or plain nondairy like coconut, rice, soy, almond)
  • 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
  • 1-2 teaspoons raw or pure honey (or to taste)
  • 3-6 ice cubes (about 1/4 cup)
  • 1 large frozen banana (about 1 1/4 cups)

Instructions

  1. Add all ingredients (milk, cocoa powder, honey, ice cubes and frozen banana) to a powerful blender or NutriBullet and blend until smooth. (Thin with more milk or thicken with more ice, if needed.)
  2. Serve immediately.

Notes

Nutritional Information includes 1 teaspoon honey and almond milk.


No comments:

Post a Comment